Monday, January 4, 2010

*Holly Create*

So I love to decoupage (as some of you may know!) and I made this for my niece's birthday (Audrey it will be in the mail soon...)
I found an old jewelry box at the thrift store and paid $1.98 for it. Took it home, sanded it down and then sprayed painted it with 3 coats of turquoise, I then cut the paper from scraps of papers I already had and mod podged them to the box. I found little wooden handles at Joann's (around a buck or so) and sprayed them fuchsia and then glued them to the box. I also had little wooden feet laying around the house so I sprayed those and glued them to the bottom of the box for additional height.

Sorry I don't have a "before" picture of the box. But I plan on making a lot more so I will include a "before" picture next time.

Not a bad gift for less than 4 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment