Thursday, November 4, 2010

*Holly Paint*

 So...I know I haven't posted any furniture for awhile but that doesn't mean my garage isn't full of unfinished projects.

Luckily today I completed this little nightstand.  I found it in a junk pile and just loved the details.  The wood was peeling off...so with a little love and attention it turned into this....

 Isn't it gorgeous!!  It was meant to be rescued and love.  I wish I had room for it in my home...but I'm sure someone out there will take great care of it.
SOLD

This is the first time I lined a drawer and now will be lining all my drawers...super cute!!
Honestly, there is not blotches on the nightstand that is from my poor pitiful camera!!
















This vanity belongs to my friend who has had it since a teen and now is going in her 12 year old daughters room.   It has definitely seen better days but with a lot of sanding and a few coats of primer, the white paint made the vanity look amazing.   



Here it is in her bedroom.  Her daughter wanted to paint it purple but mom said no (good choice) so we put purple knobs on it which can easily be changed later.  My friend didn't want it "distressed"...do you know how hard it was to not take sandpaper to this thing. Oh well, it still is adorable.  And when I dropped it off her husband thanked me for fixing and told me he was going to throw it away...I guess he didn't know what he had!!


Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFurniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that nightstand is GORGEOUS. It looks like something that'd be too expensive to buy. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you "found" that piece for free! I never get that lucky. It looks amazing. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love the little details on that nighttand! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little nightstand is fabulous. Love the drawer pulls and the color....just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nightstand is to die for! Love all the lines and the beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lovely job--both pieces are so sweet in their own way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nightstand... is it for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay, it sold at the Holiday Boutique, thanks for asking though!

    ReplyDelete