Monday, May 9, 2011

*Holly Paint*

This little French Provincial Nightstand was FREE on Craigslist.  
Though when something is listed Free then usually that means it needs
a little more than just paint.  
The top of the nightstand is particle board so when I sanded it the top was not smooth 
and couldn't just be painted.

So I used some fabric and good ol' Modge Podge and it did the trick!  
I painted the body of the nightstand white and the top a dark gray.  
I used a tone on tone white fabric with little flowers on it to Modge Podge to the top. 
The gray paint underneath was perfect because it allowed the flowers to pop out! 
I then sealed the top with Polyacrylic.


No that is not a bad spot on the top (bottom, right hand corner)  just my camera that has been dropped more than once...time to think about a new camera!!

Another "camera spot" this time on the top left corner!  This spot tends to move around!!


Linked to:
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
Furniture Feature Fridays

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining my newbie party. What a great makeover on that pretty piece. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great job!! I hope you'll link up on Thursday!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicate and pretty. So creative!

    Taylor
    Domestic8d

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty amazing! It hads good lines- good eye, definitely worth fixing up and it looks beautiful! Newest follower! Stop by- I'm having a pet portrait give away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!!! You did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete