Friday, December 28, 2012

*Holly Paint* -Old Teacher Desk

 My friend text me one day and said she had found an old teacher desk that she wanted me to paint for her.  I always get excited when she calls me with a painting job...she has great taste and a fun style. I did this Chevron Hutch for her awhile back.
 She sent me a couple inspiration photos and I went to work on the piece. 

Here are a few pictures of the final desk.  What a great desk for a her workspace!
I bought these knobs at Hobby Lobby...I've heard there is a new on coming to the Arden area and I'm sooooo excited.  It will be so much closer for me but I'll also probably be spending more $$.


It took me awhile to tape off the lines for the desk top design.  I actually had to do this part twice since I was not being careful and didn't seal the tape with a base coat of white first.  The green bled through the tape and it was a mess!  So out came the stripper (not an actual male stripper but a Paint Stripper product!) and I re-did the whole top.  Oh, the lessons I learn! 

And, of course, a before picture of the desk.  She's looking pretty sad...

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. It makes me want to go thrifting and paint a bunch of furniture!!

    ReplyDelete