Friday, December 14, 2012

*Holly Sew*

I usually try to take the month of December off from painting because it is too cold + I just want to enjoy Christmas. 
Though I'm working on a custom desk for a friend right now and I will post pic next week.
But that doesn't mean I haven't done anything creative!  I finished these quilts for my nieces a couple weeks ago and am getting ready to mail them off.    

I have made quilts for all SIX of my sisters kid.
They usually get them for their 1st Christmas...
but I have fallen behind a couple times-this year included!! 
If you want to check out a couple boy quilts that I did for my nephews go check out the post here.

Just as I start to think that I have run out of ideas for their quilts I find cute fabric and get inspired. 

The first one is for Miss Faith! 

I embroidered my her name on the little flag banner.
I wanted to do something different instead of regular binding so I went with a pom-pom trim.  It took a lot of pinning but was worth the effort.  I like the fun detail on the edge.
I used bias tape for the balloon ribbons.
 The inspiration fabric.

The next quilt for Miss Ruie incorporates two of my favorite things...birds and bunting!!




I made the birdcage with bias tape and a little rick-rack trim. Of courser her name had to be embroidered on the quilt (they have 6 kids-it's the only way to keep it all straight!!)


An up close picture of the the bias tape birdcage.

The inspiration fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment