Monday, May 6, 2013

*Holly Paint* Matte Black Numbered Dresser

A friend of mine getting rid of her daughters old dresser and asked if I wanted it. 
 Of course, I said yes!
But once I saw it I was a little scared...how was I going to cover up all of the old stencils???
I just couldn't come up with a vision.  So I started by sanding it down and priming.  I then I pulled out a matte black paint and gave it a few coats.

Well, when I was digging around my junk stash I found a bunch of address numbers that I have collected over time. 
 I had to run to the hardware store to pick up a number 4 and while I was there I also grabbed some galvanized metal sheeting. 
 I layered them on with some screws threw on the wooden knobs and 
here it is!
Kinda liking it! 
The combo of metal, gold, black and wood is working for me.  
Kind of industrial - kind of masculine.



1 comment:

  1. The black and metallic colours go well together, it looks very modern :)

    ReplyDelete